The video is only 4 minute long so I would recommend you watch that. I have pulled quick facts from the talk and posted them below the video in case you do not have time to watch this. Do your part. Implement this. Share this. Spread the word and save the world.
Here is the video:
and here are quick facts from the video:
- Meat causes more emissions than all of transportation combined (that includes every mode of transport)
- Beef production uses 100 times the water that most vegetables do.
- Cutting 5 days a week is cutting 70% of your meat intake. That is putting 70% less strain on the environment.
- Red and processed meat are unhealthier and damage the environment the most. If you avoid those and consume more fish, you still reduce your environment footprint.
- If all of us ate half as much meat, it would be like half of us were vegetarians.
Think about it. Give it a shot. There is no harm in trying out something new, is there?
I want to leave you with a quote by Albert Einstein. I did not know that he had a very good sense of humor till I read this:
Logic will take you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
Chew on it. Thats food for thought. Veg food if you read this on a weekday ;-)